Sunday, August 17, 2008

More quilts

So, I've been quilting. Yes, I still knit. Yes, I still make jewelry, but I have this quilting bug.

This is my first pieced top quilt. I started this in March doing a class through Des Moines Adult Education, but I got mono so I had to quit. One night in June I just pieced it all together and that was that. I did not quilt this one myself - I send it to my cousin Barbie to quilt on her awesome machine.
The block is called the Children's Delight Block. The actual block is uneven, so I've outlined it below in black. Traditional stitch-the-ditch quilting. I didn't know what to do with it when it was done as it's a crib size and I don't know anyone with a baby girl. My 5-year-old niece saw it and claimed it for her own, so it has a loving new home.
I love this thing - but I would have changed one thing - I would have made the bubble fabric on the front a solid brown - I think that would have made the paisley stick out more. I used the same bubble fabric on that back, but it looks great there! Other than that, it's awesome, I quick quilt and I can't wait to make another!

No comments: